Desjardins General Insurance Group Deploys EIS Suite for Commercial Lines
Staff Writer | May 14, 2018
EIS Group, a core and digital platform provider for insurers, today announced that Desjardins General Insurance Group (DGIG), a subsidiary of Desjardins Group and Canada’s third largest provider of property and casualty insurance, has successfully deployed the EIS Suite™ core insurance solution for policy administration, billing and customer management as the new technology backbone for its commercial lines business across multiple provinces.
DGIG deployed PolicyCore® and BillingCore® modules as part of a large enterprise-wide transformation initiative enabling the company to respond to the demands of an evolving market and the insurer’s own growth strategies. It is the first phase of implementation of the EIS Suite solution as the new multi-line, omni-channel digital insurance platform for core underwriting, policy administration, billing, customer management and engagement processes in DGIG’s personal and commercial insurance operations.
DGIG rolled out the new solutions for its commercial property products – including property, liability and surety coverages – and business owner policy product sold via State Farm agents in Alberta, New Brunswick and Ontario and via Desjardins’ direct network in Quebec.
With the launch of the new platform for its commercial lines, DGIG is now able to provide a whole new level of automation, flexibility and consistent processes to support its agents and customers and drive operational efficiency.
DGIG is very pleased with the smooth execution of the roll-out and the new platform, itself. DGIG is looking for agility and speed to market for its commercial products within a multi-distribution network and now has a platform that allows it to quickly tailor a commercial offer to meet the specific needs of various types of businesses. This launch is an important first step in the company-wide roll-out of the EIS Suite and in its partnership with EIS Group to facilitate digital transformation.
The EIS Suite solution enables DGIG to:
- Enhance the customer experience and provide better capability to adapt smoothly to their needs;
- Provide a 360 view of customer information, transaction history and communications;
- Reduce significantly the time it takes to quote and issue a commercial policy, with straight through processing for issuance of some policies;
- Configure a product once and leverage that configuration for all channels of distribution and digital engagement; and
- Reduce operational costs by automating processes using flexible tools to create workflow and business rules.
Through a comprehensive joint enablement strategy, DGIG was able to achieve self-sufficiency and led and managed the last roll-out for the province of Quebec.
“We congratulate Desjardins Insurance on its successful new technology platform launch to support its commercial lines of business,” said Alec Miloslavsky, chief executive officer of EIS Group. “We are very pleased to be able to support its business vision and goals with a modern platform of core and digital solutions that is serving as a foundation for its transformational journey.”
- Enterprise Architecture in an Agile World
- Top 10 Tips for Securing Your Mobile Devices and Sensitive Client Data
- Industry Insight: 4 Global Insurance Trends in Digital, Data, Content Services and Security
- Diving Deeper into Prioritizing Your Strategic Digital investments
- Why Content Rules
- How Mass Personalization Will Open the Small Business Benefits Market
- At Year End 2017, Will Your Organization Be Protected from Cyber Risks?
- Do Insurance Bots Dream of Mitigating Risk?
- Conditioned to Respond
- Managing & Mobilizing Insurance Data in a Connected World
- Race to the Finish Line
- New Tools, New Opportunities in Claims
- ITA LIVE: Reaching Insurance Industry Crossroads
- Advice to Insurance IT Leaders: Keep Your Eye on the Ball
- New Date, Venue for ITA LIVE 2017
- Guidewire Makes Major Push to Small and Midtier Market by Acquiring ISCS
- Insurance Disruption is Happening Right Now
- Insurity Adds Strategic Investment Partner, General Atlantic
- Beyond Transformation: The Convergence of Finance, Risk, and Actuarial Functions
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
- Desjardins General Insurance Group Deploys EIS Suite for Commercial Lines
- Acuity Modernizes Customer Communications Management with OpenText Exstream and ValueMomentum
- COUNTRY Financial Joins Roost’s Home Telematics Program
- Roost partners with The Weather Company
- Majesco Launches Majesco Digital1st Insurance, an Innovative Next Generation Platform Solution as the Foundation of a New Business Unit
- New Release of EIS Group’s ClaimCore System Delivers Dental Claims Management
- Westfield Streamlines Commercial Lines Underwriting Through New Verisk and Duck Creek Technologies Integration
- MADISON MUTUAL INSURANCE CHOOSES ROOST HOME TELEMATICS SOLUTIONS
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA is pleased to present the 2014 Webinar Series. We have many topics for you to choose from and attendance is open to all ITA members. The webinar topics are current and exciting — ranging from predictive analytics to telematics and will focus on the direction insurance carriers need to follow for the future. All webinars are presented by insurance IT professionals along with some of the leading analysts and consultants in the field. There is no cost to attend an ITA webinar. For more information and to register for the webinar, click the “title” of the webinar below.
BLOGS AND COLUMNS
It has become a common refrain over the past few years to view the practice of enterprise architecture (EA) as something that time has passed by, much... READ MORE
One important trend in society over the past decade is our increasing ability to create and consume a seemingly unlimited amount of digital content... READ MORE
You have surely heard it said that small businesses are the growth engine for America. Today, the phrase has a special ring to it for benefits... READ MORE
With stagnant growth and lingering low interest rates, the life insurance industry faces a challenging future... READ MORE
Finding insurance carriers willing to write commercial lines risks has always been a challenge for producers... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE
Fraud detection has always been and will continue to be a critical component of claims management. Learning the lessons from current claims Straight... READ MORE
- Vendor Views