Guidewire Named One of Highest-Rated Public Cloud Computing Companies to Work For
Bill Sinn | May 06, 2019
Guidewire Software, Inc. (NYSE: GWRE), a provider of the industry platform Property and Casualty (P&C) insurers rely on, was again recognized as one of the 25 Highest Rated Public Cloud Computing Companies To Work For in a new list released by Battery Ventures, a global investment firm, with data specifically provided by Glassdoor*, one of the world’s largest job and recruiting sites. The list highlights 25 publicly traded companies—all business-to-business cloud companies--where employees report the highest levels of satisfaction at work, according to employee feedback shared on Glassdoor. This is Guidewire’s second consecutive appearance on the list.
This distinction placed Guidewire at number 5 (out of 25 total) with an overall company rating of 4.4. The broader average across Glassdoor is 3.4. Guidewire’s CEO, Marcus Ryu, reflects a 97% approval rating on Glassdoor—compared to an average of 69% for all 900,000 employers on the site--and the company has an 88 percent positive business-outlook rating, again based on feedback shared by employees. The broader Glassdoor average is 49%. A positive business outlook means employees believe business will improve in the next six months.
“The public companies on this list have not only scaled their products, teams and business functions—but they’ve managed to scale culture,” said Neeraj Agrawal, a Battery general partner who specializes in cloud investing. “We view these rankings as a key indicator of company health and longevity, and we hope all companies on this list view it as an honor to be included.”
“It was also more difficult to make the list this year, compared with last year,” Agrawal added. Battery and Glassdoor also released a similar list of the 50 Highest-Rated Private Cloud Computing Companies to Work For.
“The Guidewire team is gratified to be considered a peer of these distinguished companies, who are applying public cloud computing to respond to enterprise demands for standardization, simplification, and acceleration,” said Marcus Ryu, CEO and co-founder, Guidewire Software. “This work has moral urgency for Guidewire as well because the industry we serve, property-casualty insurance, plays a critical social role in protecting individuals and businesses in an uncertain world. This recognition is another milestone in our journey to become the most broadly adopted and trusted cloud-based platform for the industry.”
“We are actively recruiting to fill a wide variety of positions across our 26 offices around the world,” said Helen Reid, vice president, Global Human Resources and Administration. “Whether at our Foster City headquarters, second largest development center in Ireland, or offices across Europe, Canada, the U.S., Latin America, and Asia Pacific, Guidewire provides compelling, challenging, and professionally satisfying career options to consider.” For the latest career opportunities and to learn more about life at Guidewire, visit careers.guidewire.com.
- ITA Pro Magazine May/June 2019
- Spotlight on the 2019 IASA Conference
- ValueMomentum Selects Erie as Site of Regional Development Center
- Capgemini and Majesco Become Alliance Partners
- Electronic Chat with Dr. Dan Shoham
- Electronic Chat with Todd Greenbaum
- Martha Notaras: The “Outsider” with an Amazing Inside View
- ProSight Direct Offers “Effortless Insurance for Today’s Professional”
- Electronic Chat with Larissa Tosch
- Martha Notaras Will Join ITA LIVE 2019 as a Keynote Speaker
- Five Things to Consider When Evaluating Your Cyber Risk
- ITA Pro Magazine, January/February 2019
- Major Ransomware Attack Could Hit U.S. with $89B In Economic Damages
- ITA Announces 1st of Three Keynote Speakers at ITA LIVE 2019
- Electronic Chat with Jeroen Morrenhof
- Legacy Systems Are Dead. Really? Don't Count On It.
- Now Accepting Nominations for the 2019 ITA Bridge Awards
- It's time to register for ITA LIVE!
- Registration is Now Open for ITA LIVE 2019!
- What to Expect from a Digital Experience Platform Implementation
- ITA Pro Magazine September Edition is Now Available
- It's National IT Professionals Day
- Save the Date for ITA-LIVE 2019
- OneShield Software and UrbanStat Work Together to Improve Real-Time Analytics and Risk Decision-Making
- ITA LIVE 2019 - SAVE THE DATE!
- Insurance Technology Association Announces New Editor-in-Chief
- August 2018 Edition ITA Pro Magazine is Now Available
- Enterprise Architecture in an Agile World
- Top 10 Tips for Securing Your Mobile Devices and Sensitive Client Data
- Industry Insight: 4 Global Insurance Trends in Digital, Data, Content Services and Security
- Diving Deeper into Prioritizing Your Strategic Digital investments
- Why Content Rules
- How Mass Personalization Will Open the Small Business Benefits Market
- At Year End 2017, Will Your Organization Be Protected from Cyber Risks?
- Do Insurance Bots Dream of Mitigating Risk?
- Conditioned to Respond
- Managing & Mobilizing Insurance Data in a Connected World
- Race to the Finish Line
- New Tools, New Opportunities in Claims
- ITA LIVE: Reaching Insurance Industry Crossroads
- Advice to Insurance IT Leaders: Keep Your Eye on the Ball
- New Date, Venue for ITA LIVE 2017
- Guidewire Makes Major Push to Small and Midtier Market by Acquiring ISCS
- Insurance Disruption is Happening Right Now
- Insurity Adds Strategic Investment Partner, General Atlantic
- Beyond Transformation: The Convergence of Finance, Risk, and Actuarial Functions
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
- Are Personal Lines Insurers Investing in Foundational Technologies?
- The Dentists Insurance Company Selects Guidewire InsurancePlatform for Data Management and Analytics
- Valen Unveils New ‘Unavailable Loss History Model’ for Workers’ Compensation
- Insurers Replacing Distribution/Compensation Management Systems as Part of Modernization Strategies; Novarica Profiles 10 Vendor Solutions
- HazardHub zooms past 100 billion data points for Property analysis
- ClarionDoor Adds New Head of Data and Analytics
- Zywave Introduces Comprehensive Learning Management System
- Insurance Industry Buys into RiskGenius Yet Again
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA LIVE 2019
The tide is up! It's time to register for ITA LIVE 2019, our annual educational and networking conference! Our theme is "The InsurTech Revolution: Cutting Through the Hype." and we'll be bringing in a torrent of industry thought leaders, amazing insight and wonderful perspectives on the world of insurtech and its impact on the insurance landscape.
ITA LIVE 2019 will present real-life examples of true startup technologies that are helping insurers gain real advantage -- and a competitive edge -- in the marketplace. We’ll highlight the more successful InsurTech partnerships, while offering case studies that demonstrate exciting innovation and cutting-edge techniques impacting all aspects of the insurance ecosystem.
Ride the wave to LIVE 2019. Sign up today! We look forward to seeing you in May, 2019!
BLOGS AND COLUMNS
The personal lines segment of the insurance industry is quite active today, with many initiatives and projects underway across the value chain... READ MORE
Nowadays, transformation is a top buzzword in the insurance world. But beyond the buzz, it reflects what is happening in the insurance industry today... READ MORE
You have surely heard it said that small businesses are the growth engine for America. Today, the phrase has a special ring to it for benefits... READ MORE
With stagnant growth and lingering low interest rates, the life insurance industry faces a challenging future... READ MORE
Finding insurance carriers willing to write commercial lines risks has always been a challenge for producers... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE