Zywave Acquires Data Analytics Provider miEdge
Staff Writer | December 05, 2019
Zywave, the leading insurtech provider powering agency growth, today announced the acquisition of miEdge, provider of lead generation, data analytics, and prospecting solutions specifically designed for the insurance industry.
“The broad reach of data, unmatched filtering options, and year-over-year analysis functionality within miEdge make it like no other data source in the industry,” said Jason Liu, chief executive officer of Zywave. “These features combine to offer the most powerful, precise prospecting tool available to agency owners and brokers, unlocking potential for exponential business growth.”
Zywave will integrate the miEdge solution into the Sales Cloud offering, and leverage the data source internally to enhance functionality within a variety of additional content and analytics solutions. The miEdge offering further advances Zywave’s machine learning capabilities and provides an easy-to-use, intuitive interface for navigating multiple data sources that have been cleansed and combined by proprietary business logic, algorithms, and machine learning to provide unrivaled data intelligence.
With the addition of the miEdge solution and its extensive team of data services experts, Zywave will expand its existing data services division. The expanded team will work to further integrate miEdge data into Zywave’s Product Cloud Portfolios. Along with his staff, Mark Smith, founder and CEO of miEdge, will join Zywave in a leadership capacity with an immediate focus on integration operations.
“miEdge believes the future of the insurance industry will be grounded on two foundational principles: data and content,” said Smith. “When we combine miEdge’s data with Zywave’s unparalleled content offering, the result will be transformational. The concept of using data to deliver real-time and relevant content doesn’t exist in this business today, but with our new partnership, it becomes real. Our customers will now have access to broader capabilities, unlocking endless potential for growth.”
miEdge technology solutions include its fully mobile-enabled Employee Benefits and Property & Casualty prospecting platforms, which can be integrated into select agency management and customer relationship management systems. The platform’s more than 30 million company signature records combine to make up 3.5 million employer insurance profiles.
Headquartered in Bedford, New Hampshire, miEdge was founded in 2011. Today, more than 80 of the top 100 U.S. insurance brokers and numerous national and regional insurance carriers rely on the accuracy of the company’s data to identify leads, research competitors, underwrite submissions and understand market dynamics to grow their business. miEdge’s key differentiator is its ability to aggregate many different disparate data sources, creating an unparalleled “Network” effect view of an employer’s insurance profile.
The miEdge acquisition marks Zywave’s third in just over a year, reinforcing the company’s continued commitment to the growth of the insurance industry. In October 2018, Zywave acquired Code SixFour, a leading provider of proposal automation and advanced predictive analytics for employee benefits advisors; and in June 2019 it purchased RateFactory, a small group rating engine that is directly linked to insurance carrier quoting systems. The three acquisitions combine to offer the most comprehensive prospecting and quoting solution in the industry. Zywave’s full product portfolio delivers the most robust end-to-end agency operational platform available.
“Over the past year, Zywave has made several substantial promises to our partners to better serve them on multiple levels, while empowering them with the technology they need to grow their business,” said Liu. “To provide them with the best solutions in the industry, we have been heavily investing in our existing products, while also enhancing our product portfolio, filling any capability gaps with new acquisitions. We’re simultaneously continuing to improve product integration to provide seamless, end-to-end solutions all on one platform.”
Zywave has continued to execute upon and innovate in line with its product cloud vision, most recently through the introduction of three levels of suites into its Product Cloud Portfolios, organized by the value they deliver. The suites within each cloud—Sales, Client, Content and Analytics—allow customers to choose solutions based on their unique business needs and growth objectives.
Zywave’s Product Cloud Portfolios include:
- Sales Cloud – Streamlines mission-critical workflows – from marketing and prospecting to quoting, agency management and more – to fuel growth
- Client Cloud – Enables better client service through compliance and risk management tools and enrollment, education and onboarding tools clients need.
- Content Cloud – Helps harness the power of employee benefits and P&C content and training modules for engagement and education.
- Analytics Cloud – Simplifies claims and loss analytics to help identify cost savings.
For more information on Zywave’s Product Cloud Portfolios, visit www.zywave.com.
Zywave provides partners with solutions that deliver business efficiency, effectiveness and insights. More than 5,300 brokerages worldwide—including 97 of the top 100 U.S. insurance firms—use Zywave solutions to enhance client services, achieve organic growth, and promote greater health, wellness and safety. Additional information can be found at www.zywave.com.
miEdge™ provides lead generation, data analytics and prospecting solutions specifically designed for the insurance and financial service industry. The innovative miEdge solution utilizes multiple data sources and applies proprietary business logic, along with algorithms, machine learning and data cleansing to provide unrivaled data intelligence in an easy to use intuitive interface. miEdge technology solutions include its industry leading fully mobile enabled Employee Benefits & Property & Casualty prospecting platforms, all seamlessly integrated into your Salesforce or Dynamics CRM. Other CRM platforms are available and enterprise wide bulk data via API’s or secure web delivery. Visit www.miedge.biz to learn more.
- The Road Ahead for P&C Insurers: How to Understand Customers Better and Navigate the Post-COVID Insurance Market
- Electronic Chat with Jake Tamarkin, Co-founder and CEO, Everyday Life
- Strategic Planning in the “New Normal” Digital Era of Insurance – Your Next Move
- Insurer Tech Investment Priorities See Major Shift in a Post-COVID World
- Plug and Play Selects 25 Insurtech Startups for Winter Batches
- Digital Transformation – A Top Strategic Priority and New Reality
- Four Steps to Successful Migration of Insurance CCM Applications
- COVID-19 Accelerates Insurance Digitalization to Meet Customer Demand: World InsurTech Report 2020
- Electronic Chat with Greg Williams, Co-Founder, President & CEO, Acrisure
- Electronic Chat with Matt Perlman, Partner, IA Capital Group
- Insurer Digitalization: Are you a Competitor or a Laggard?
- Leaders are Leading and Creating the Future of Insurance Distribution
- 3 Things You Need to Know About No-Code
- Electronic Chat with Adam Kiefer, CEO, Talage
- Underwriting in 3D: Using Data to Adapt and Improve Life Insurance Sales
- Getting Past the "Gelato Syndrome"
- Insurers Know CX/UX is Important, but Don't Agree on Execution, Study Finds
- Electronic Chat with Steve Lekas, Branch Insurance
- How AI Can Attract Millennial Talent to the Insurance Industry
- Preventing Data Breaches
- A New Boom for Life Insurance: Shifting Away from the 250-Year-Old Policy Transaction
- Electronic Chat with Ty Harris, Founder and CEO, Openly
- A Digital Wildfire Creates a Burning Platform for Digital Insurance Business Transformation
- Digitalization, COVID-19 Spurring More IT Investment in Cybersecurity
- Electronic Chat with Michael DeGusta, CEO, ClarionDoor
- U.S. Consumers Significantly Underestimate Flood Risk, New Survey Finds
- The Future of Insurance: Opportunities in Ecosystems
- Electronic Chat with Todd Greenbaum, CEO, Input 1
- Majesco to be Acquired by Thoma Bravo
- The Evolving Role of Managing General Agencies
- Electronic Chat with Char Hu
- Electronic Chat with Allan L. Egbert, Jr.
- Electronic Chat with Christopher Tramontano and Zbigniew Gawienczuk
- Data Science is Gelato
- Insurance Innovation: Alive and Kicking
- Independent Agents Divided on Digital Experience, New Survey Finds
- Electronic Chat with Michael Jones
- Electronic Chat with Paul VanderMarck
- As Auto Insurance Premiums Shrink, Insurers Need Mobility Ecosystem, New Study Finds
- Property & Casualty Insurers Raise Digital Games as COVID-19 Elevates Customer Expectations, J.D. Power Finds
- Electronic Chat with Bobbie Shrivastav
- Meet the Board: Marissa Buckley
- Big Data and Insurtech: A Carrier Perspective
- Traditional Insurers Need Open Ecosystems, Partnerships to Remain Competitive, CapGemini Report Finds
- Electronic Chat with John C. Siegman
- 4 Ways AI is Empowering Insurers During COVID-19
- 6 Big Changes to Insurance from the COVID-19 Crisis
- Electronic Chat with Christopher Ewing
- Independent Agency Staff Morale High During COVID-19, New Survey Finds
- Electronic Chat with Brad Epker
- Tapping AI to Improve Policyholder Experience
- Electronic Chat with Manisha Bhargava
- ITA Pro Magazine, March/April 2020
- COVID-19 a Game Changer for Workers’ Comp
- Electronic Chat with Steve Comer
- COVID-19 Pandemic Forces Cancellation of ITA LIVE 2020
- Leveraging Digital Resources in the Time of COVID-19
- Electronic Chat with Robert Hartwig on COVID-19 and Insurance
- Celent Study: Most Small Businesses Still Unclear on Importance of Cyber Insurance
- The January/February 2020 ITA Pro is here!
- Deloitte: New C-Suite Roles Mean More Opportunities for Women
- Electronic Chat with Pankaj Parashar
- Electronic Chat with Tara Kelly
- Electronic Chat with Chuck Wilson
- ITA, InsNerds Collaborate to Enhance ITA LIVE 2020 Content and Coverage
- How SMBs Can Compete in Digital Ecosystems in the 2020s
- 4 Ways Insurance Can Prepare for New Data Privacy Laws
- Brewer Lane Ventures Launches and Hires Insurtech Vet Martha Notaras as Managing Partner
- 2020 GIA Cohort Launches on January 14
- The November/December 2019 ITA Pro is here!
- Electronic Chat with Joshua Snead
- Electronic Chat with Wendy Aarons-Corman
- Simplifying the Move to a Third-party Print Provider
- Take a Business-Driven Approach to Continuous Improvement for Core Systems and Processes
- Electronic Chat with Ron Glozman
- Guidewire’s Data Guru Mike Byam on How Insurers are Using Internal and Third-Party Data
- Electronic Chat with Russ Bostick
- Electronic Chat with Rock Schindler
- Electronic Chat with John Siegman
- Electronic Chat with Martin Burlingame
- Insurtech Landscape 2019: Top 5 Takeaways
- Grinnell Mutual Tackles Massive Transformation -- in Stride
- A Candid Conversation with Paul Mang
- SageSure Insurance Managers Improved Competitiveness by Consolidating Payments to a Single Digital Platform
- Digital Does Matter in Insurance-- And Insurers are Missing the Mark
- The 22nd-Century Insurer: Taking a Cloud-First IT Approach
- The September/October 2019 issue of ITA PRO magazine is now available in digital format here:
- ITA Pro Magazine May/June 2019
- Spotlight on the 2019 IASA Conference
- ValueMomentum Selects Erie as Site of Regional Development Center
- Capgemini and Majesco Become Alliance Partners
- Electronic Chat with Dr. Dan Shoham
- Electronic Chat with Todd Greenbaum
- Martha Notaras: The “Outsider” with an Amazing Inside View
- Electronic Chat with Larissa Tosch
- Martha Notaras Will Join ITA LIVE 2019 as a Keynote Speaker
- Five Things to Consider When Evaluating Your Cyber Risk
- ITA Pro Magazine, January/February 2019
- Synergy Between Insurers' IT and Analytics Teams Key to Operationalizing Insights, Says Novarica
- Major Ransomware Attack Could Hit U.S. with $89B In Economic Damages
- ITA Announces 1st of Three Keynote Speakers at ITA LIVE 2019
- Electronic Chat with Jeroen Morrenhof
- Legacy Systems Are Dead. Really? Don't Count On It.
- Now Accepting Nominations for the 2019 ITA Bridge Awards
- It's time to register for ITA LIVE!
- Registration is Now Open for ITA LIVE 2019!
- What to Expect from a Digital Experience Platform Implementation
- ITA Pro Magazine September Edition is Now Available
- It's National IT Professionals Day
- Save the Date for ITA-LIVE 2019
- OneShield Software and UrbanStat Work Together to Improve Real-Time Analytics and Risk Decision-Making
- ITA LIVE 2019 - SAVE THE DATE!
- Insurance Technology Association Announces New Editor-in-Chief
- August 2018 Edition ITA Pro Magazine is Now Available
- Enterprise Architecture in an Agile World
- Top 10 Tips for Securing Your Mobile Devices and Sensitive Client Data
- Industry Insight: 4 Global Insurance Trends in Digital, Data, Content Services and Security
- Diving Deeper into Prioritizing Your Strategic Digital investments
- Why Content Rules
- How Mass Personalization Will Open the Small Business Benefits Market
- At Year End 2017, Will Your Organization Be Protected from Cyber Risks?
- Do Insurance Bots Dream of Mitigating Risk?
- Conditioned to Respond
- Managing & Mobilizing Insurance Data in a Connected World
- Race to the Finish Line
- New Tools, New Opportunities in Claims
- ITA LIVE: Reaching Insurance Industry Crossroads
- Advice to Insurance IT Leaders: Keep Your Eye on the Ball
- New Date, Venue for ITA LIVE 2017
- Guidewire Makes Major Push to Small and Midtier Market by Acquiring ISCS
- Insurance Disruption is Happening Right Now
- Insurity Adds Strategic Investment Partner, General Atlantic
- Beyond Transformation: The Convergence of Finance, Risk, and Actuarial Functions
- The Rapid Evolution of Consumer Protection Regulation
- Talent Hunt: Finding, Attracting, Retaining Top People
- Insurers Flexing Their Distribution Models
- Technology Driving Disruption in Insurance
- Fear of ‘Next Bubble’ Challenges Life, Annuity Carriers
- Technology Allows Commercial Lines Insurers to Stand Out
- Single Sign-on Viewed as Biggest Tech Challenge for Agencies
- ISCS Observes 20th Anniversary; Scurto Predicts Major Changes Ahead
- Policyholders and Their First Impressions
- Progressive Making Progress on the UBI Front
- High and Dry: Insurers Search for Disaster Recovery Plans
- Insurers Sign The (Un)Dotted Line
- Reflections of a Retired Insurance CIO
- Mobile Device Management Just One Answer to BYOD Issue
- Lessons from GEICO and Progressive on Winning the Critical Buying Stage
- You Are a Target for a Cyber Attack
- Web-based Systems are the Next Evolution in Claims Technology
- Gaining a “Wow” Experience from Web Users
- Time to Shift from Business/IT Alignment to Business/IT Alliance
- Healthcare Insurers Changing to Consumer Model
- Organization is the Key for Selecting Software Vendors
- Analysts Expound on the Needs of the Mid-tier Insurance Market
- Finding the Cure for Obamacare’s Website
- New Software Solutions Benefit Insurers on the Inside and Outside
- Products, Market Impede Investment in Systems for Life Insurers
- Combatting Cyber Threats: Predict, Prevent, Persist
- The Future of Telematics Heads Beyond Insurance
- The Shame in Cyber Security Lapses
- Building Policy Administration Systems for the Future
- Insurers Look Into The Eyes of Their Policyholders
- It’s a New Dawn for the ITA
INSURANCE IT NEWS
- Bill Chval Named Vice President of Sales to Lead Growth at Metromile Enterprise
- Spruce Partners with Munich Re's Digital Partners to Offer Title Insurance Fueled by Automation
- Next Insurance Expands Workers' Compensation to 24 Additional States
- Industry Veteran Chuck Fillizola Joins Instec Senior Executive Team
- Majesco Announces the Launch of Majesco L&A Insurance Data & Analytics Platform
- PLNAR Joins Guidewire PartnerConnect Solution Alliance Program
- Canal Insurance Selects One Inc for Digital Payments
- Trillium Mutual Insurance Company Selects Guidewire for Business Innovation and Growth
The Email Chat is a regular feature of the ITA Pro magazine and website. We send a series of questions to an insurance IT leader in search of thought-provoking responses on important issues facing the insurance industry.
ITA LIVE 2020
ITA LIVE 2020 –SAVE THE DATE!
April 5th – 7th, 2020
The Diplomat Resort
Become a member today to receive updates – www.itapro.org/MR
BLOGS AND COLUMNS
The Road Ahead for P&C Insurers: How to Understand Customers Better and Navigate the Post-COVID Insurance Market
For P&C Insurers, accelerating their digital transition and increasing their flexibility to the “new normal” are crucial steps to take... READ MORE
Insurance leaders have accepted the fact that we're never going back to pre-COVID "normal." And it's a great opportunity, says Denise Garth of Majesco... READ MORE
You have surely heard it said that small businesses are the growth engine for America. Today, the phrase has a special ring to it for benefits... READ MORE
With stagnant growth and lingering low interest rates, the life insurance industry faces a challenging future... READ MORE
Finding insurance carriers willing to write commercial lines risks has always been a challenge for producers... READ MORE
As Guidewire Software prepares for the start of Connections, its 11th annual user conference that begins on Nov. 2, Brian Desmond, chief marketing... READ MORE